How many sermons have you heard on domestic abuse? According to a Life Way survey, 42% of Protestant pastors rarely or never preach against domestic abuse. Yet one in four women will experience domestic abuse in some form in her lifetime. Some of these abused women are our sisters in Christ.
Think about this:
- More than 10 million people, both women and men, are victims of domestic abuse in any given year.
- Men account for nearly 3,000,000 cases of domestic assault each year.
- Every nine seconds a woman in the USA is beaten or assaulted.
- Women between the ages of 18 to 34 are at greatest risk of being abused by their partners.
- One in three female victims of homicide are killed…
Source: Does God hate domestic abuse?